Well, its official: Promitheus was compromised (and not in a good way). SE Support is doing a "Game Data Recovery" which takes 3 week. My account will be suspended until the investigation and data recovery is completed :(
I suggest to everyone that you ensure you are using a STRONG password. I'm a computer nerd; my password was not a dictionary word and contained both numners and letters. I should have enabled the Security Token which came with the game, but I did not. If you have one, I suggest you enable it. If you do not, I suggest that you use a password that you have not used anywhere else.
Just trying to prevent anyone from going through the same frustrations as me. See you all in a few weeks!
SE Accounts and Password Policy (Just a friendly reminder of what should be obvious)
* Do not use passwords consisting of repeating characters, your telephone number, your birthday, or anything else that might be guessed.
* Change your password regularly.
* Do not use the same password that you use for other online services. (Any single service being compromised could lead to others being compromised as well)
* Do not use any programs that might load malware onto your computer.
* Do not open any suspicious emails or files and avoid accessing any suspicious web sites.
Using a security token with your Square Enix account will dramatically increase your defense against unauthorized access and we highly recommend their use for any customers not already using them.
To learn more about security tokens, please visit the following page: